Each member of the Association shall:
· support, promote and protect the general welfare and interests of the Association and the membership by responding to public need and communicating with government at all levels.
· comply with all laws and regulations as they pertain to the protection of the environment, the safe and legal operation of equipment and the conduct of business.
· carry on business in a conscientious, diligent and efficient manner.
· refrain from knowingly engaging in business practices of a fraudulent, dishonest or unethical nature.
· serve customers and treat competitors, subcontractors and suppliers with honesty and integrity.
· compete fairly for contracts, avoiding any practice that might be construed to be in violation of federal or provincial competition or unfair business practices legislation.
· encourage and promote an open forum for the discussion and exchange of ideas among private firms, industry professionals, government and the public in all areas pertaining to the responsible management of waste.
· support and maintain within their communities and workplaces, the highest standards of safety, covering operational procedures, policy, practice and equipment.