The ninth Canadian Waste to Resource Conference will provide a forum for presentations for the waste and resource sectors across North America. This conference is of primary interest to waste generators, stewards, brand owners, municipalities, private waste sector companies and property management companies. If you are involved in any of the following – you will gain insight and be able to share ideas: facility owners and operators, regulators and policymakers, academia and students. The CWRC will be held in a setting where all participants can share ideas and includes conference presentations as well as networking opportunities for interaction and discussion.
Presentations at the 9th Annual CWRC will be assigned to different ‘tracks’ outlined in this Call for Papers. General session, opening keynote speakers, and a closing general session speaker will also be chosen. Members of the CWRC Annual Conference Committee are responsible for ranking proposals, speakers, and timelines of topics.
Share your insight and knowledge by presenting a paper at the Canadian Waste to Resource Conference, (CWRC), Canada’s national conference held in conjunction with the Waste & Recycling Expo Canada (CWRE). If you have an interesting presentation or an idea that could be developed into an educational session, you are invited to submit a proposal. Conference speakers gain visibility in the sector, as well as contribute to the advancement of the profession. Presentation papers relating to all areas of Waste Management will be considered including the list below. The deadline for submission of papers is April 7th, 2018.
We invite papers in all areas related to policy and management, including but not limited to:
- Waste and recycling collection and transport
- Waste minimization, materials reuse, and recycling
- Servicing Options (Public/Private)
- Hazardous Waste Management (Recycling, Treatment, Disposal)
- Organics Waste Management & Processing & Diversion (Collection, Processing, Composting, and Anaerobic Digestion/Biomethanization)
- Stewardship Programs - Materials Markets – Paper, Plastics, Glass, etc
- Recycling/Waste Disposal in Property Management
- Extended Producer Responsibility Programs - Impacts on Service Provision, Export Issue
- Policy, Regulations, Economics and Planning
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Landfill Gas Management
- Green Energy (EFW, GHG & Carbon, New Technologies)
- Waste Transfer & Disposal (Transfer Stations, Landfills)
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- Other Waste Related subjects
Paper Submission Requirements
Please review the following requirements carefully and keep them in mind before submitting your paper.
- Presentation Limits: A maximum of two presentations per organization may be selected for the 8th Annual Canadian Waste to Resource Conference.
- Tracks: Identify one of the potential tracks under which the subject matter of your proposal falls. There may be 3-4 concurrent sessions per track.
- Presentation Length: Sessions are 40 minutes long and should include some time for a question-and-answer period (about 5-10 minutes). Speakers may be asked to repeat their session.
- Speakers: A single presentation will typically only have one to two presenters. Consideration will be given for more than two presenters based on the subject and speaker(s).
- Registration and Expense Reimbursement: Speakers will be invited to attend the whole event at a reduced registration fee. Additionally, transportation, meals, and lodging are the responsibility of each presenter and will not be reimbursed.
- Presentation Selection: Presentations will be selected based on:
1. Subject – relevance, interest, informative, educational merit.
2. Speaker(s) – knowledge, credibility, experience, speaking ability, past ratings, references.
- Panel Presentations: A panel presentation will be considered based on the subject and speaker(s). All speakers must be identified at the time of the submission deadline.
- Sales Presentations: CWRC does not/will not accept sales presentations of any kind. It is not in your professional interest to develop a presentation that sells a specific company, product, and/or service. Conference attendees react negatively to sales presentations, and it is against CWRC’s policy for speakers to support and promote or endorse any single company, product, and/or service. Suppliers who present a session that attempts to sell to attendees will not be considered for future conferences. All presentations must be “commercial free.”
- Title, author, and brief presenter bio to be included and submitted to Michele Goulding (Ontario Waste Management Association (OWMA), #3 - 2005 Clark Blvd., Brampton, Ontario, Canada L6T 5P8) prior to April 7th, 2018. Electronic email submissions are encouraged (firstname.lastname@example.org). Papers will be reviewed by the conference committee and submitters will be notified of the paper acceptance or rejection before
April 28th, 2018.
For questions regarding this Call for Papers, please contact OWMA – Michele Goulding at (905) 791-9500 or email@example.com.