The OWMA’s Annual Golf Tournament was held yesterday. It was so great to see everyone once again. We were excited to bring together over 160 OWMA members and guests under very sunny, warm skies, at Glen Eagle Golf Club.
As we returned to Glen Eagle Golf Club after a few years break, our golfers hit the links on a picture-perfect day at the course. It was an exceptional opportunity for everyone attending to network, catch up and also enjoy a round of golf.
As always, the OWMA is grateful for the widespread support that members provide to its events. The continued success of the Association is due in large part to the involvement, investment, collaboration and commitment of the members of the OWMA. “On behalf of the OWMA and the Board of Directors, I would like to thank everyone for attending today and supporting our event,” said Peter Hargreave, OWMA’s interim CEO.
The OWMA would like to extend its gratitude to the many sponsors who once again helped make the Annual Golf Tournament an outstanding day.
- Luncheon – Emterra Group and Quantum Lifecycle Partners LP
- Dinner – Willms and Shier Environmental Lawyers LLP and WSP Golder
- Golf Towels – Truckz & Binzz
- Golf Ball Sponsor – Metro Compactor Services Inc.
- Golf Pin Flags – Amtruck Limited and Triple M Metal
- Fun Foursome Golf Ball Sponsor – Safety-Kleen Canada Inc.
- Most Honest Team – WM
- Top Team: 1st Place – Machinex Industries Inc.
- Top Team: 2nd Place – Pnewko Brothers Ltd.
- Top Team: 3rd Place – Joe Johnson Equipment
- Special Hole on the Course – Big Truck Rental, McNeilus Canada, Purves Redmond Limited and WM
- Feature Hole Sponsors – Big Truck Rental, Canadian Insurance Brokers Inc., and Heritage-Crystal Clean
- Individual Hole Sponsors – AIM Environmental Group Inc., IPL North America Inc., Molok North America Ltd., and Wastehaul Transport Inc
The OWMA would also like to congratulate the following golfers who topped their competition on the golf course.
- CLOSEST TO THE PIN – sponsored by Heritage-Crystal Clean – Rob Harris
- LONGEST DRIVE – sponsored by Big Truck Rental – Matt Luchak
- STRAIGHTEST DRIVE – sponsored by OWMA – Pierre St. Amand
- CLOSEST TO THE PIN – sponsored by Canadian Insurance Brokers Inc. – Paul Saabas
- LONGEST DRIVE – sponsored by OWMA – Troy Mellan
- STRAIGHTEST DRIVE – sponsored by Big Truck Rental – Christine McLeod
- FIRST PLACE TEAM – sponsored by Machinex Industries Inc. – Dirk Jaekel, Geoff Shaw, Gene Ryan and Steve Gloor.
- SECOND PLACE TEAM – sponsored by Pnewko Brothers Ltd., – Lal Hashish, Matt Pressey, Pierre St. Amand and Serge Gomez.
- THIRD PLACE TEAM – sponsored by Joe Johnson Equipment – Bryan Carrigan, Dan Lemay and Mark Saunders.
- MOST HONEST TEAM - sponsored by WM – Anne Sneyd, Jessica Boily and Michael Finley.
Keep healthy everyone - we look forward to seeing everyone again next year and at the upcoming OWMA events including the 2023 CWRC taking place at the Blue Mountain Resort in Collingwood – April 30th to May 2nd, 2023.