During this session you will hear from:
The virtual program will begin with a comprehensive overview of the current government approach to transitioning WDA programs, the timelines for each program transition and the ‘learnings’ to date from a broader transition perspective.
Hear about the first program transition for used tires - what worked and what did not. How the new regulation impacted the municipal and service provider sector and what corrections have been and need to be made to the program going forward. Learn how elements of the tire regulation and experience after one year of the new program, could impact other programs preparing to transition.
WEEE and MHSW are currently in various stages of new regulation development and transition timelines. Learn about the key issues already encountered and what the municipal and service sector considers to be critical elements of a new regulation. Understand how the sectors are preparing for a new approach and what it could mean for organizations.
Finally, get an updated view of the consultations and discussions around a new regulation for blue box and elements of a program transition. Hear about the critical considerations, timelines and potential impacts of a new EPR BB regulation on all parties. This session will help inform participants about what to plan for and think about to be best position organizations for the future.
- Peter Hargreave, President, Policy Integrity and Co-Chairman of OWMA EPR/Recycling Committee
- Gordon Day, Vice President, Circular Economy and Sustainability, Emterra Group
- Clayton Miller, Vice President, EOL Sales, Quantum Lifecycle Partners LP.,
- Brent Bolger, President/Owner, Brendar Environmental Inc., and Co-Chairman of OWMA EPR/Recycling Committee;
- Dave Gordon, Senior Advisor, Waste Diversion, AMO;
- Denis Goulet, President, Miller Waste Systems and OWMA Chairman of the Board; and
- Michelle Saunders, Vice President, Provincial Affairs and Sustainability, FCPC (invited)
There will be opportunities to ask questions and engage with the presenters to inform your specific interests and questions.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to get a broad understanding and insight into all the WDA program transitions and the interconnections between the new regulations.